- By joining our division you will get advice, support and practical experience about keeping bees.
- Annual membership provides you with our own monthly news letter, membership of the BBKA, including two beekeeping monthly magazines (Beecraft and BBKA News) and insurance in case you lose your own bees as a result of American or European foul brood diseases, as well as honey extraction equipment for hire.
- We hold regular meetings to keep members informed about current practices in beekeeping methods during the winter months, and meetings at various members apiaries throughout the summer.
- We run a Beginners Course each year, with the theory lectures starting in January and moving to hands on sessions in our teaching apiary starting in April. These two linked courses will cover all you need to know to get started with bees.
- We also run a Basic Assessment in Beekeeping course; this practical assessment tests the basic skills and knowledge of the craft once you have kept bees for over one year.
If you would like to join, download the application form below and return the completed form to the contact given on the form.
Alternatively if you have any enquiries, please email: email@example.com